The end of the year is for a lot of people around the world the time to look back and reflect. What a journey it was in 2022. I would like to focus on some highlights and achievements of AIPPI that all members can be proud of and that make the association stronger than ever.
- The successful AIPPI 125th Anniversary celebration in Brussels was a rich day of panel sessions and interesting discussions, followed by a fantastic evening programme.
- The launch of the Webinar series called “Scan the Globe” has the aim to give a voice to underrepresented jurisdictions in the AIPPI membership base. In January 2023, this series will continue with Middle East.
- We held several Webinars, one being the AIPPI / ASIPI Webinar series on Traditional Knowledge, Traditional Cultural Expressions and Genetic Resources.
- Together with the Young AIPPI Members’ Committee, we successfully executed the first ever Young AIPPI Summit from Young Members for Young Members. It was a rich half-day event with seven sessions and 15 speakers. Our Young Members are core for AIPPI’s future, and we’ll continue the work with the Young AIPPI Committee to build a strong agenda as part of the Strategic Plan.
- The highlight of the year was for a lot of you the first back in-person Congress in San Francisco. We came out with 5 strong Resolutions, and as always, the rich scientific programme combined with great social events made the World Congress unforgettable.
- 2022 marks the turnaround year in which AIPPI has grown its membership base to +8000 members worldwide. A strong community across the globe of thought leaders in the IP field.
- As part of the Strategic Plan, we (re-)established the relationships and meetings with other NGOs that were put aside due to Covid. Through the NGO Coordination meetings, a Collaboration Agreement with ASIPI, EPO and WIPO Annual Meetings, to name a few, we were able to discuss collaboration efforts on various topics.
- Finally, digitalization is everywhere, also at AIPPI. We focused and continue to focus on our social media channels and were able to increase the social media presence and interaction with over 17,000 followers in particular on LinkedIn. The website is now up to date with a new design and functional upgrades on the membership portal after a successful launch in November. We continue to invest in functionalities to make the member experience as good as it can be.
We wish you a nice Christmas break, a great start into the New Year, and we look forward to a successful 2023.